Listen to this Episode:
On this episode of the Bitcoin Magazine Podcast, Christian Keroles sat down with macroeconomic analyst and high-level thinker Lyn Alden to discuss his recent piece entitled “7 Misconceptions About Bitcoin.”
In the piece, Alden breaks down what she considers to be the most common misunderstandings or objections to Bitcoin, and explains why these are not subject to scrutiny. Ultimately, Alden argues, they will not have a negative impact on Bitcoin or the investment thesis in Bitcoin.
This is an excellent chapter for Bitcoin enthusiasts looking to sharpen their debates, as well as newcomers to Bitcoin who are interested in learning why Bitcoin makes sense as part of a balanced portfolio. This podcast is packed with smart and smart ways to protect and explain how and why Bitcoin will continue to rise in usefulness and value.
You can find Alden’s original article here.
On this chapter, Keroles and Alden discuss the following topics:
- Alden’s motives for writing the recent article
- How looking at bitcoin’s history in a log reveals that what many consider a bubble actually looks more like a pattern
- Alden’s views on halving Bitcoin subsidy
- Why does Alden like to discuss things in terms of probabilities
- Why is the intrinsic value of bitcoin zero
- Altcoin and fork issues
- The view that bitcoin is too volatile
- How bitcoin holds on with gold investors
- Questions about whether governments will ban Bitcoin
- Arguments that Bitcoin is not scalable
- Arguments that Bitcoin wastes energy
- Why investors should average the cost of a dollar (DCA) into bitcoin instead of trade